What is TMS Therapy?
Ideal Candidates for TMS Therapy:
- Depressed mood
- Significant change in weight and/or appetite
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
- Agitation or retardation
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or excessive or inappropriate guilt
- Slowed thinking or impaired concentration
How TMS therapy works
- A powerful magnet is placed on a specific spot on the head of the patient, who is seated in a chair. No anesthesia or sedation is required.
- Electric pulses from the magnet stimulate sections of the brain that control mood. The pulses do not affect the entire brain, only isolated areas.
- Each treatment session, overseen by a Calabasas Behavioral Health specialist, lasts around 45 minutes. You can resume daily activities after the session, including driving.
How is TMS Therapy Delivered?
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, or TMS therapy, is a painless application of electrical stimulation is applied to the area of the brain that affects emotion, particularly mood. JustMelt offers TMS Therapy treatment in their clinic in NYC. Unlike drug therapies, TMS is noninvasive and nonsystemic, meaning there is nothing introduced into the body that affects the entire system. Instead a magnetic coil placed on the left side of the head delivers pin-pointed stimulations while the patient sits comfortably awake and alert.
Talk to Us About TMS Therapy
If you are experiencing side effects from medication or you are still feeling depressed despite medication, then TMS Therapy might be right for you. NeuroStar TMS Therapy was established in a controlled clinical trial comparing the NeuroStar TMS Therapy system to an inactive device. Patients treated with the active NeuroStar TMS Therapy system received an average reduction in their depression symptom score of 22.1% vs 9% average reduction in patients receiving inactive treatment.
JustMelt provides TMS therapy for the patients throughout the NYC areas. If you or someone you love has unsuccessfully undergone treatment for depression, TMS therapy could be your answer. Contact us today by filling out our online appointment request form or calling us at (212) 447-1155.